Mitsuru Hitokoe 「一声三鶴」 is a supporting character of the anime and web manga series. He serves as the broadcaster of Nanba Prison.
Mitsuru has a dark skin complexion with black hair. A red tattoo covers parts of his chest and his face as well as several piercings that decorates his ears, tongue and left side of his lip. He wears the standard Nanba Prison guard uniform but with minor changes compared to the usual attire, which consists of a black jacket with two gold line on each sleeve, a white shirt but instead of a red tie he leaves the shirt open, revealing parts of his chest and a golden necklace. The uniform also includes sunglasses, a yellow armband, red fingerless gloves, a green belt with a gold buckle, knee high camouflage colored boots with red soles and a guard cap with a microphone insignia on it, which represents his role as the broadcaster.
He is rather care-free and loud, often yelling and being too lively. He also gives his colleagues nicknames, one example being Samon called as Saru-chan (Little Monkey).
He is the only one that dares to tease the warden about her crush on Hajime, and often gets beaten up because of it.
Describe background here.
Write about the character's experience and significance to the plot here.
- His favorite color is obsidian black.
- He has good hearing.
- He likes are scones, udon, karaoke and his friend Hajime.
- He dislikes ohagi and quiet atmospheres.
- His hobbies are playing pranks, collecting records, playing with Hajime.
- "Mitsu" means "Three", "Tsuru" means "Crane", "Hito" means "One", and "Koe" means "Voice". His name literately means "Voiceless three crane".
- Mitsuru is an allusion to the crane in the story "Tsuru no Ongaeshi" The Crane returns the favor where the crane returning the favor to an elderly couple after the elderly man helped it from a hunters trap.